Friday, October 14, 2011

Questionable Ethics

This first advertisement I found I felt was so inappropriate I almost didn’t post it. It’s a Bryers creamsicle ice cream ad featuring two very young girls in gymnastics leotards bending over in a stretching position, with their back ends facing the cameras. The ad then had in large bright orange colored letters “Lickable.” I don’t know who thought this advertisement was acceptable with the poses used and the word lickable. There is such a high rate of child molestation and rapes I find it disgusting that the key inappropriate points that I mentioned weren’t carefully considered. Its almost like they are provoking the idea. 



The second advertisement I came across that I thought was inappropriate and un ethical was an ad on preventing the abortion of African American babies. Myself have certain views on abortion and I think in some situations abortion is acceptable. The advertisement I found is going against abortion but they used African Americans to exploit the situation. The ad says “Black children are an endangered species” and the web site is names TooManyAborted.com. In my opinion this advertisement is targeting African American women and saying that they have un protected sex and have abortions if they get pregnant. This as is discriminating against black women and is unethical to target the one race when every other ethnicity of women are having abortions too.



Another advertisement I found that was displaying questionable ethics was from Burger King. The ad was for a new sandwich called the “BK super seven incher". In the ad there is a side profile picture of a women wearing red lipstick with her mouth wide open and a picture of the sandwich placed an inch or so in front of her mouth. The phrase Burger King used in the advertisement in hug letters says “IT’LL BLOW YOUR MIND AWAY.” This advertisement in my opinion is using questionable ethics because it is using sex to sell their food. Burger King is supposed to be a family restaurant they even have the kids club for children.


No comments:

Post a Comment